Sunday, January 22, 2012

How To Revive My Dying Seedlings?

I grow the seedlings in my bathroom with heat turn on. Sun Gold is turning yellow (two already dead leaving one alive) and Periwinkle leaves shrunk after I put it out in the open air(unprotected for several hours) for sunshine (but the air was cool) because its leaves are turning yellow. Mustard green were grown a week ago and now the seedlings are about two inches tall. When can I transplant /put the mustard green outside? This is my first time DIY planting veggie and flowers. I read some information online and tried on it but it didnt work. As a result, many of my seedlings died. The current batch is the second batch. Please help.

How To Revive My Dying Seedlings?
If you need to "harden them off" then you can only put them in dappled shade for an hour at a time. You cannot leave them in full sun all day, or full wind - it will kill their tender leaves.

You did not say where you were?

They need warmth to sprout, but then they need to be moved to full sun in order to grow.

Make sure you don't over water as well.



Edit* Do not fertilize seedlings at all until they are already established in your garden. It is not necessary.

For plants to be established, I wouldn't fertilize for at least a month and a half after being in the soil.

What zone are you in there? I am in Colorado, we are in zone 3, I won't even begin to plant for another four weeks. Then that will only be cold weather stuff. Potatoes.
Reply:try mericle grow


No comments:

Post a Comment